In today’s age of social media, email marketing is considered to be an outdated method of communication. However, whilst Instagram is an incredible channel for reaching new audiences, building a large and engaged following and even selling, email marketing is still one of the most effective marketing channels for establishing an ongoing relationship with your audience. It’s the most cost-effective marketing channel, particularly for small business owners, start-ups and entrepreneurs, and when the bottom line means everything it also returns the highest ROI (Return on Investment) than any other marketing activity.
So, if you need convincing, here’s 7 reasons why you should prioritise email marketing in 2022:
1. Email is the safest place to build your business – we all saw in 2021 how the biggest social media platforms had outages, most at the same time, leaving you no way to communicate with your audience. And what happens if your Instagram account gets hacked and you can’t get it back - you lose all your content and followers.
2. You own your media and data list - you may have built up a large social media following through posting engaging content, but you don’t own the audience or the content you post. That's why building an email list is so important. This is a list of opted-in subscribers that you own and can communicate with, regardless of the email provider. You also own all the content you produce.
3. Reach an already engaged audience - by building an email list, where subscribers choose to receive emails from you, means you are targeting an audience that has already expressed an interest in your brand, which leads to higher conversion rates.
4. Email marketing gets your message seen - email marketing gives you ultimate control over direct contact with your audience with 90% of emails reaching the intended email inbox, compared to roughly 10% of Instagram followers seeing your posts, and less if you have a much larger following.
5. Convert your audience into paying customers – showing up regularly with targeted emails that add value will help you nurture your email list and convert subscribers to loyal customers.
6. Emails make an instant impact - Due to the immediacy of email, you get a faster return than any other digital marketing channel. For instance, an email to promote a flash sale is a great marketing tactic that creates a sense of urgency and convinces subscribers to take immediate action. And the results are easy to track.
7. An unrivalled ROI – as I’ve already mentioned above, email marketing returns the highest ROI on any marketing activity you can do. On average, you can see a whopping $42 return on every $1 spent.
As a creator, Instagram and other social media platforms will continue to be pivotal to you building an engaged audience, but make sure you leverage this by pointing your audience to your email list. This is where you cultivate your audience into a loyal and returning customer base.
If you need help building your optimised e-book email strategy, then contact us today.