Repurposing content is about getting maximum return from every piece of content that you produce. If repurposing content isn't already part of your content strategy, here's six reasons why it should be:
1. Get an SEO boost: Repurposing optimised content in various formats can give you a significant lift in organic visibility and means your content is more likely to appear in targeted search queries, driving more traffic.
2. Reach a new audience: Not everyone consumes media in the same way, so using elements of an existing piece of content and delivering it in different formats over multiple channels, increases the chance of it being viewed by more people.
3. Get your message across: Repetition is important in marketing and delivering your message in different ways, over time, makes it easier to reinforce your message.
4. To extend the lifespan of your content: If you are creating evergreen content, then there’s no need to reinvent the wheel. Check your Insights to see what content has performed well and present it to your audience in different formats. Just make sure the topic is still relevant and any facts are still correct.
5. Diversify your content: Not everyone learns in the same way (see point 2), so by going to where your audience is and offering them the type of content you know they will enjoy, will make you more dynamic as a brand.
6. Maximise your time and effort: We all know how time-consuming it is developing new content ideas, so starting with something you already have and transforming it into something new, will enable you to produce more content in less time.