As a creator, establishing consistency is paramount to building a strong and engaged audience. It lays the foundation for building trust with both your existing followers and potential audience. When your content consistently delivers on its promises, your followers know what to anticipate, fostering a sense of reliability and authenticity.
Embracing consistency is key to nurturing a loyal and engaged community, ultimately propelling your growth and success as a creator.
However, if balancing content creation with the other responsibilities of running your own business feels like a never-ending hamster wheel, try these seven actionable consistent content creation strategies:
1. Establish a content creation and posting schedule: Decide on a schedule that works for you. Work out how much time you have to create content, and what you can realistically achieve in that time. Consistency doesn’t have to be every day, but it is about deciding on the frequency and then delivering on your promises.
2. Write down all your content ideas: It’s so much easier to plan your content when you already have a pool of ideas to work from. I suggest having a dedicated day a month to brainstorm and document all your ideas, but in reality, it could be as simple as adding ideas or relevant topics to your notes app on your phone, or Google Docs. Or maybe a more structured approach might work for you, like using a productivity tool like Notion where you can have your content ideas, calendar and goals all in one place.
3. Make it a priority: If you want to be successful, you need to prioritise content creation. It can be a time-consuming process, so don’t leave it to chance. Schedule time into your week to get it done and the process will become much easier.
4. Batch-create content: You need a strategic approach to content creation, so don’t create and post on the fly. It comes down to organisation – have a creative day each month or dedicate specific blocks of time to batch-produce content. Film multiple reels in one day, write the captions and research the hashtags. This approach saves time and ensures a steady stream of content. I would caveat this by saying that, whilst it’s important (for your own sanity) to be prepared, you also need to build in some flexibility to your content schedule, so you can jump on any sudden trends or important industry updates.
5. Leverage Automation: Make the most of in-app scheduling tools or explore third-party platforms that allow you to schedule posts across multiple platforms and accounts in advance. Utilising automation not only saves you time, but also ensures a seamless flow of content without interruptions.
6. Have a Plan B: Sometimes things don’t work out as planned, so always have a backup plan. I suggest having a bank of evergreen content that can quickly be repurposed and will still be relevant all year round. Or look through your drafts and find a reel that will be easy to give a quick makeover - change the hook, write a new caption, create a new cover and you have a new reel with minimal effort involved.
7. Double-down on what’s successful: Your Insights can be the best source of inspiration and tell you a lot about what your audience does and doesn’t like. When you are planning content, analyse all the data you have available to you, and create more content around the topics and formats that have performed the best.
Start implementing these seven strategies and you'll start to find consistent content creation far more sustainable and rewarding.